Body contouring is an amazing way to complement any healthy eating and/or workout regimen. While not a weight-loss method itself, it can help you put the finishing touches on the exact look you’re going for! Body contouring is a popular procedure and there are many different ways to do it. Historically, liposuction has been the go-to. However, this procedure is invasive and potentially dangerous.
Thankfully, recent technologies and innovations allow for much less invasive and even more effective body contouring. Read on to learn more about some of the most effective body contouring procedures.
Cool sculpting is a common, noninvasive procedure that essentially freezes fat cells to help eliminate them. The process involves an applicator that suctions fatty tissue beneath the skin with two cooling plates.
It’s a painless procedure, though many patients report a pulling or tugging sensation. You’ll also feel cooling on your skin as the device works at about four degrees celsius. Once frozen, the treated fat cells are cleared away during the body’s natural detoxification processes.
Some of the most common target areas for cool sculpting include the stomach, thighs, love handles, and double chins – though it’s effective across a wide range of areas all over the body.
- No downtime – you can get back to your regular activities immediately
- Not painful
- Approved for use on many areas of the body
- Fat cells are eliminated permanently
- Not meant to provide significant weight loss
- Results are not instant; you will not see any difference for about four to six weeks. The body can continue dispelling the frozen fat cells for several more months.
- Multiple sessions are often needed
- Sessions can take up to an hour depending on your desired target area
CoolSculpting Side Effects:
Although cool sculpting is non-invasive and gentle, you may still experience some mild side effects, including:
- Redness and swelling on and around the target area
- Temporary numbness or tingling at the treatment site
- Some bruising
It’s important to remember that although these side effects may be uncomfortable and inconvenient, no damage has been done to the skin.
Hot sculpting is essentially the opposite of cool sculpting. Instead of freezing the fat cells at cold temperatures, hot sculpting uses the process of thermolipolysis to melt away the unwanted fat.
Like cool sculpting, hot sculpting is minimally invasive. While you will feel some warmth on your skin during the procedure, it’s not painful. Because there are no needles or incisions, it’s also very safe and doesn’t require much recovery time.
Hot sculpting is done with a laser and it can often reach a wider area than cool sculpting. This can mean less discomfort and shorter sessions, depending on the desired target area. Once targeted, the fat cells are eliminated from the body through the lymphatic system.
Common treatment areas for hot sculpting include the abdomen, love handles, arms, thighs, back, hips, chin, and neck.
Hot Sculpting Pros:
- Treatments are pretty fast, with the average session lasting about 25 minutes
- The procedure is generally painless
- There is no downtime required, you can resume regular activities immediately
- Side effects and discomfort are minimal
- It’s effective and approved for most areas of the body
Hot Sculpting Cons:
- The results are not instant, visible toning and slimming effects are seen within four to six weeks
- It’s not a weight loss alternative and won’t help you shed significant pounds
- Multiple sessions are often needed
Hot Sculpting Side Effects:
There are potential side effects with hot sculpting, but they’re most often mild and temporary:
- Local swelling or firmness/nodules in the treatment area
- Mild redness and skin tenderness for a day or two after treatment
Another fantastic liposuction alternative is a radiofrequency treatment. Known as radiofrequency lipolysis, this method uses a combination of ultrasound and controlled heating technology to eliminate fat.
Like the others, it’s non-invasive and non-surgical. This means it’s very safe and there is no recovery time needed! You can get a session done on your lunch break and be right back to work afterward.
This technology works by targeting the subcutaneous layer of fat in a fast but gentle manner. Unlike other methods that can last up to an hour, treatments with our Trusculpt ID device require only about 15 minutes of your time.
Not only that, but results come in faster. You’ll notice visible results immediately – the area will be more toned and the skin will appear firmer. Additional changes and results can continue coming in for up to 12 weeks after treatment.
Downtime and Side Effects
Like other non-invasive body contouring treatments, this method requires no downtime or recovery period. You can resume normal activities immediately after your session. To ensure optimal healing and results, avoid alcohol, saunas, strenuous exercise, and spas for about 72 after each session.
This method is among the fastest and most efficient body contouring procedures, but it does come with some side effects to be aware of:
- You may experience a few brief moments of pain during the procedure. This is normal and nothing to worry about.
- For 72 hours following the treatment, you may experience redness, irritation, swelling, and/or bruising. This is also normal and should clear up quickly.
Another amazing thing about our Trusculpt ID treatments is that the results are indefinite. Once the fat is eliminated, it’s gone for good. As long as you maintain a healthy lifestyle with a good diet and some level of activity, you’ll enjoy your newly sculpted body for many years to come!
It’s also important to note that if you do revert to poor lifestyle choices such as excessively unhealthy eating habits, fat cells will develop again.
Safely Contour Your Body Today
Gone are the days of dangerous medical procedures and weeks of downtime just to get a more sculpted look! There are many non-invasive options today that won’t cause intense pain or disrupt your life. Body contouring is a great option for many people who are looking to complement a healthy lifestyle and workout routine. Get in touch today and we’ll put you on the path to your dream body right away!