What are the Best Cellulite Treatments Available?
Cellulite is an uncomfortable and unwanted skin condition that plenty of people deal with at all stages of aging. Up to 90% of women will experience cellulite at some point in their life, so for many it’s unavoidable.
It’s most common in the thigh and buttocks area though it can appear in other areas such as the stomach and arms. Not only can it be irritating and painful but most people don’t like how it looks. This can cause low confidence in those who are afraid of it being seen and you may find yourself covering up unnecessarily, especially when it’s warm out!
The good news is that if you’re struggling with cellulite, there are many ways to treat it and prevent it from getting worse in the future!
The Best Cellulite Treatments Available
There are a variety of different treatments you can seek out for cellulite. Many of them take place in the clinic and must be performed by a professional technician. However, there are a few things you can do on your own to help the condition as well!
The Venus Legacy Cellulite Treatment Machine
If you’re looking for fast and effective treatment, our cutting-edge Venus Legacy machine is available at our Toronto clinic. Unlike many cellulite treatments such as liposuction and lasers, the Venus Legacy is non-invasive. This means it’s suitable for a wider range of people and comes with far fewer risks and potential complications.
This treatment combines electromagnetic fields and multi-polar radio frequency. Together, these techniques work to stimulate and encourage the breakdown of fat under the skin which causes cellulite. This method also increases circulation and collagen synthesis to keep the skin healthier moving forward.
In addition to being effective and non-invasive, this treatment comes with several other benefits:
- It’s fast – treatments range from 15-30 minutes.
- No recovery time. While your skin may be flushed afterward, the surface of the skin isn’t at all compromised by the treatment.
- Improves blood flow and oxygenation in the treated area.
- Increases skin’s elasticity.
- Improves muscle tone and definition.
- The treatment is appropriate for darker skin tones, unlike some other treatments.
- You can start seeing results after just one treatment.
- The Venus Legacy machine is approved by both Health Canada and the FDA.
Safety and Side Effects
Overall, the Venus Legacy machine is one of the gentlest cellulite reduction treatments out there, but you should still be aware of potential side effects:
- You may experience some redness and/or swelling in the treatment area. This should subside within a few hours, or a few days at most.
- If your treatment included the VariPulse, you may also experience some light bruising in the treatment area.
In addition, you may want to refrain from receiving cellulite treatment with the Venus Legacy if you have any of the following conditions:
- Auto-immune disease
- Inflammation or infection in the desired treatment area
- Any condition involving pacemakers or other implants
If you are experiencing any of these or even think you might be, consult with a practitioner before proceeding with any treatment. If the Venus Legacy treatment isn’t suitable, they may be able to make some other suggestions to help you reach your skin goals.
While you may start seeing improvements after the first treatment, many find they need several treatments to get their desired results. We recommend coming in for treatments about once a week until you’re completely satisfied with the results.
If you find your skin is a little extra sensitive and redness/swelling lasts for a few days, you can spread them out a little more. Don’t be afraid to reach out to us with any questions or concerns, and we’ll help you create the best possible plan for you and your skin!
Natural Cellulite Treatments
While the Venus Legacy machine is wonderfully fast and efficient, you do need to wait a little bit between treatments. During this time, there are some natural remedies you can try to support your cellulite reduction efforts. Many of these come with lots of other benefits to your health and skin as well, so you can’t go wrong!
- Dry brushing. This helps stimulate blood and lymph flow and opens up the pores on your skin. Always brush towards the heart in long sweeps and focus on your problem areas. Daily dry brushing can also help eliminate dry skin and improve your complexion overall.
- Coffee scrub. Coffee scrubs are great for your skin for many reasons, cellulite reduction being a big one. Combine ¼ cup of coffee grounds with three tablespoons of sugar and 2-3 tablespoons of melted coconut oil, and apply to your problem areas. Application is simple – massage into skin for a few minutes and rinse off. 2-3 applications a week is sufficient.
- Consume more collagen. Collagen is essential to the health and longevity of your skin. By deliberately adding more of it into your diet or perhaps taking a high-quality supplement, you may see improvements in cellulite and other skin concerns over time.
- Increased muscle under lumpy skin can help even it out and tighten it up. You don’t need to become a body-builder but some light weights and other muscle-toning exercises may help. Kettlebell workouts are especially effective at building muscle!
- Clean up your diet. Try eating rawer foods, especially those that contain fiber. This includes whole grains, fruits, and veggies. At the same time, avoid empty calorie things like candy, soft drinks, and whitest bread. This will keep your skin healthier overall and prevent additional fat from storing in areas prone to cellulite.
Start Eliminating Your Cellulite Today
Our Venus Legacy machine offers one of the most innovative cellulite treatments available, and it’s gentle enough for almost anyone to use! Its non-invasive nature means you don’t have to worry about painful side effects or long recovery times. Even better, the treatments are quick and easy!
You’ll start seeing results quickly and the treatments are safe enough to be done pretty frequently. It won’t be long before you’re saying goodbye to your unwanted cellulite altogether. Get in touch today and we’ll figure out the best treatment plan for you.